We know that the amount of information available on visiting Tanzania can be overwhelming.
To make it easier for you, we have put together a simplified guideline for you to follow which has been helping pilots on board our hike & fly safaris in Africa’s.
Ben is a paragliding addict with a passion for all forms of the sport, but his first love is hike and fly. Ben spent many years living and working as a helicopter pilot in Kenya and Tanzania which has given him an intimate understanding of the weather patterns and areas that we operate in. Ben is also a registered paragliding instructor. When he is not paragliding, Ben spends his time trail running, climbing and exploring mountains, kite boarding, mountain biking and adventure racing.
What you NEED to know!
– Ban on plastic carrier bags (from 1 June 2019)
– Passport, visa & health requirements (Covid, Yellow Fever, Malaria etc.)
– Money & tipping
– Power plugs, climate & other handy information
– Packing for safari
Transmit frequency range: 144 – 148 Mhz / Receive range: 136.00 – 173.995 Mhz
– Mobile phone (WhatsApp & SMS)
– Access the GPS co-ordinates / files to upload onto your GPS for navigation on board our Paraglide Kilimanjaro Expedition.
– Other site GPS co-odinates will be shared by your guide locally with site briefings.